Notice to UK Customers
23rd December 2020
From 1st January 2021, the UK will officially be out of the European Customs Union.
How will this impact you?
We will continue to supply & support RaySafe products to UK customers, through Unfors RaySafe AB. Please be aware of the following changes:
- A Customs Declaration for all shipments from EU to UK and UK to EU will be required.
- When goods are shipped from Raysafe, we will use Raysafe DHL account and the cost will be included in the Freight charge, that will appear on your invoice. If you decide to use your own courier, this cost will be incurred by the customer.
- When returning products for service & support please contact DHL and use our account to arrange shipment, as per details on the Service Cost Estimation.
- From 1 January 2021 the customer will need a EORI number to move goods between UK and other countries. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide their EORI number to Raysafe to process the shipments and customs documents for swift customs clearance. Obtain further details on the EORI procedures.
- UK customers will be handled as Non-EU and all transactions will be declared from Sweden as being Non-EU VAT applicable.
Below we have covered some FAQs. We appreciate the changes will raise a number of questions and we are available to guide you through new process. Please email us with additional questions.
- Is RaySafe the legal Manufacturer of our Products?
- Is RaySafe the Importer of these products into the UK?
- For new orders and service & support the customer is responsible for importing the goods and providing the EORI number. If you do not have an EORI, you may have increased costs and delays. For example, if HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) cannot clear your goods you may have to pay storage fees.
- Are RaySafe products CE marked?
- Are RaySafe products UKCA marked?
- The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) marking comes into effect from 1 January 2021. To allow businesses time to adjust to the new requirements, CE marking will be used until 1 January 2022. Further details from gov.uk.
- Are RaySafe products Medical Devices?
- What are the changes to VAT?
- You are now considered by the Swedish VAT authority as a Non-EU VAT applicable customer. Please contact your local VAT office with regards to reporting your own VAT details. Further details from gov.uk.
- Will freight charge increase
- DHL Freight charges will increase per shipment/order, 2.5GBP/kg, with a minimum charge of 5GBP, unless you make your own arrangements.