How do I change the dose unit?
- When the instrument is in measurement mode, press SELECT (long press) until "Waiting... Aborting measurement" is shown.
- In the SETUP MENU, step (short press) to "Dose unit" and press SELECT until units are shown. Step to the desired unit and press SELECT until SETUP MENU is shown. The unit is now changed.
Note: If only Gray (Gy) is available, your instrument has been configured to comply with German regulations where the unit Röntgen (R) is not allowed.
What is the difference between R/F high and R/F low, and how do I use them?
R/F high can be used for most measurements and is required for measuring kVp (as opposed to kV).
R/F low is optimized for low radiation intensity, typically during fluoroscopy measurements behind a phantom.
How do I get kVp on my R/F detector?
The RaySafe Xi calculates kVp on the R/F high sensor if the intensity is high enough (around 10 mGy/s), otherwise kV average will be displayed. If the intensity is too low and you have no possibility to increase the tube current (mA), move the detector closer to the X-ray source.
Note: If your signal level is well above 10 mGy/s and you still do not get kVp, go to the SETUP MENU, select kVp mode, and make sure that kV/kVp is selected.
Why can’t I measure kVp on all beam qualities with my MAM detector?
It is enough to measure kV for one beam quality per machine, since the set kVp is independent of anode material and filtration. The Mammography coverage table lists what you can measure on different machines.
When I connect the CT detector I don’t get past “Stabilizing …”. What can I do?
Place your CT detector on a flat surface and restart the base unit. Do not touch or move the detector. If the "Stabilizing" message does not disappear within 5 minutes, fill in a Service Request and send the detector for service.
I get “Offset out of range” with my CT detector. What can I do?
"Offset out of range" is shown when the current in the ionization chamber fails to reach a stable level. Please make sure that:
- the chamber is not irradiated during the stabilization or zero adjust phase,
- you are operating the instrument within its specified temperature range (15–35 °C).
If the problem persists, fill in a Service Request and send the detector for service.
I get too low readings with my Light detector. Why?
Remove the luminance tube and ensure that the white illuminance window is clean. You can clean it with a damp cloth. If the problem persists, fill in a Service Request and send the detector for service.
I have connected the mAs cable but don’t get any readings. What can I do?
Check the polarity and try again.
Note: Connecting the mAs cable with the wrong polarity will not damage the generator or the instrument, as long as long as the mAs cable is securely connected.
I have problems with the communication between base unit and detector. What can I do?
Check that the cable is properly connected. Try another cable.
I have problems with the connection between the instrument and Xi View when using USB cable. What can I do?
- Check that you are running the latest version of Xi View and remove older versions from your computer.
- During installation, make sure to tick the box “Install Windows 8 USB driver for serial port adapter”.
- In Xi View, select ”ATEN USB to serial bridge” in the lower right corner. You may need to re-select it.
- In Xi View, press the “Start” button in the lower right corner and wait until the dot beside it turns green.
- If you have a Solo instrument, check that you have the RaySafe Solo PC kit.
If your Solo instrument came with serial cable and usb-serial converter, it has the PC kit. If you wish to add the PC kit, contact Customer Service
I have problems with my Bluetooth connection. What can I do?
Read “SETUP OF BLUETOOTH COMMUNICATION” on page 6 in the Xi View User Manual.
- If you have established the Bluetooth communication as described in the User Manual but still have problems, try turning off any programs on the computer that may interfere with the Bluetooth connection. On the computer side, there are various reasons for unstable Bluetooth connection such as incompatible hardware/software or environmental radio disturbances during measurements.
Why do I get “CRC error” in Xi View when using Bluetooth connection?
CRC error means that part of the data has been lost or altered in transit. This can happen when the distance is too long, or if something is interfering with the signal. Create a clear line of sight between the base unit and computer, or use a shorter distance.