Digital Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Accreditation Phantom
18-250 Digital Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Accreditation Phantom
In the past, there was not an easy way to compare the image quality of conventional and digital biopsy mammography units, because the field of view on the digital system is typically much smaller than the 24 x 30 cm field of view on conventional mammography units. In order to image the Mammographic Accreditation Phantom specified by the American College of Radiology (ACR) on the biopsy units, the user has to move the phantom to various positions in order to obtain four separate images, to be sure all objects were imaged. This is a very inconvenient, time consuming task.
The small size of the phantom permits fast, easy comparison of conventional and digital image quality, because you can attain an image of the entire unit in a single exposure. This phantom contains test objects similar to those found in the Mammographic Accreditation Phantom specified by the ACR, so it makes comparison of the two imaging systems easy.
- The fast, easy way to test image quality on digital mammography units.
- Accepted by the ACR for use in Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Accreditation Program.
- One exposure is all you need – the phantom’s small size allows it to be imaged in its entirety in a single exposure when used with a digital biopsy unit.
- Enables you to determine if the images are similar to or better than screen-film.
- The extended top edge of the phantom allows ease of positioning on recumbent biopsy units.