X-ray Test Equipment
ACR Mammography Accreditation Phantom
The Mammography Accreditation Phantom will assist you in complying with Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) and the American College of Radiology (ACR) Quality Control Programs. This phantom is intended for use as an integral part of the Mammographic Quality Control Programs, and when used to perform routine mammographic QC.
This phantom helps you quickly, easily, and accurately evaluate the overall imaging performance of your mammographic system. It was designed to test the performance of a mammographic system by a quantitative evaluation of the system’s ability to image small structures similar to those found clinically. Objects within the phantom simulate calcifications, fibrous calcifications in ducts, and tumor masses. The phantom is also designed to determine if a mammographic system can detect small structures that are important in the early detection of breast cancer. Test objects within the phantom range in size from those that should be visible on any system, to objects that will be difficult to see even on the best mammographic system. By detecting imaging changes you can make the necessary corrections in order to maintain your system at peak performance.
- Complies with ACR phantom specifications and QC requirements
- Contains test objects to simulate indications of breast cancer...punctuate calcifications, tissue fibrillar extensions in adipose tissue, and tumorlike masses
- Ideal for monitoring the overall performance of your mammographic imaging system, x-ray generator, film processor, and screen-film combination
- Equivalent in x-ray attenuation to a 4.5 cm compressed ͞average͟ breast
- Helps ensure optimum image quality and peak performance of the mammographic system
- Essential for MQSA compliance